Please help...

This section is for Turkish Virtual foreign members who might have questions about the site or flight sim and so on.

Please help...

Postby THY4315 » 28 May 2019, 14:12

Hi pilots! I have a big problem... :)

I fly on FS9, and I have problem to see other planes livery match...Can someone help me how to install MTL livery match for other planes? Is it better use Squawkbox or FSINN? Maybe is possible to use IVAO MTL on VATSIM,but I dont know how, and I can not fly untill I solve that :((((
THY4315

Name: Juraj Liska
City: Zagreb, Croatia
PID: 4315
Vatsim ID: 1238800

Please help...

Postby artuncs » 28 May 2019, 22:03

It’s hard trying to explain and type how to do that. There are loads of videos on Youtube that explain this. Have you thought of using these videos for the setup? However I suggest you use FsInn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Erhan M. Artuc
artuncs
Administrator

Name: Erhan M. ARTUC
City: London
PID: 3578
Vatsim ID: 1087117

Re: Please help...

Postby THY4285 » 29 May 2019, 08:05

jurajliska wrote:Hi pilots! I have a big problem... :)

I fly on FS9, and I have problem to see other planes livery match...Can someone help me how to install MTL livery match for other planes? Is it better use Squawkbox or FSINN? Maybe is possible to use IVAO MTL on VATSIM,but I dont know how, and I can not fly untill I solve that :((((

Hello Juraj, i am also flying FS9 and i have been having the very same problem since the beginning of my online flying time.

As far as your question regarding the MTL of IVAO, to my understanding it can be used exclusively on their network only. Bummer...I have been looking for many years trying to find a replacement for Squawkbox (yes multiplayer model matching is big caca in SB) but unfortunately the latest Vatsim pilot client developed is not for FS9.

In Squawkbox, the model and livery matching depends on my factors, for example to what planes and their respective liveries are available in your library, are the planes recognized by your client as AI planes, and here comes the most important thing: what aircraft type and livery do people select when they connect to the network?
If for example i would selected a B744 when i connected to Vatsim and you do not have a b747 installed in your aircraft folder, you will simply see me as an A320 with the vip livery.
Lets say you have now a B747 installed but you only have Lufthansa livery, and I connect to the network with aircraft B747 and BAW livery, you will see me as a B747 but again in the vip livery.

Like mentioned before the model matching in SB is fubar.
For that very same reason i suggest to use FSInn because if i remember right you can assign airplanes and liveries on your own to the multiplayer shown in your FS irrespectively of what the other user has selected when connecting to the network.

I have been using SB for a very long time now because FSInn once gave me lots of CTDs but maybe i will give it one more try.
THY4285
Rookie

Name: Victor Sinangin
City: Savannah
PID: 4285
Vatsim ID: 1024160

Re: Please help...

Postby THY3716 » 29 May 2019, 11:02

Gents, i highly recommend you to upgrade your sims either to p3dv4 or to xplane11. Sims have made a big progress and fs9 is far behind. It's got no future.
Lead me, follow me or get out of my way !
THY3716
Administrator

Name: Bahadir ALKES
City: Istanbul
PID: 3716
Vatsim ID: 1097118

Return to English Discussion Lounge