Assignments: Why mainly domestic?

General discussions and questions about Turkish Virtual dispatch service or have a flight plan that you would like to share with your fellow sim enthusiasts? Would you like to request a flight plan, or learn how to do your own? Here's the forum for you.

Assignments: Why mainly domestic?

Postby THY4285 » 01 Nov 2019, 18:03

Hey guys, hope everybody is doing fine and enjoying the fall season.

I have noticed that despite accepting international assignments of 10hrs, i mostly get domestic flights.
I am a long hauler and domestic flights suck. In the assignment prefs there is the option for domestic flights only. Why is there
not an option for international flights only?

I know that the assignment system works randomly, but i´d be glad to get more international routes.

Thanks and have a good day

Vic
THY4285
Rookie

Name: Victor Sinangin
City: Savannah
PID: 4285
Vatsim ID: 1024160

Re: Assignments: Why mainly domestic?

Postby artuncs » 01 Nov 2019, 21:42

Hi Victor, hope you're well,

Assignment flights are sent by the management to the members one month domestic and one month international each month. The reason for this is firstly, we do not want the members to fly only international, because Turkish Airspace always needs flying pilots and our ATCs are therefore intended to keep the traffic intense. Assignment flights are not only sent by management, there are other alternatives, such as assignment takeover or random assignments.

However you can also select charter on the Fdr for international flights as well.
Erhan M. Artuc
artuncs
Administrator

Name: Erhan M. ARTUC
City: London
PID: 3578
Vatsim ID: 1087117

Postby THY4285 » 01 Nov 2019, 22:35

artuncs wrote:Hi Victor, hope you're well,

Assignment flights are sent by the management to the members one month domestic and one month international each month. The reason for this is firstly, we do not want the members to fly only international, because Turkish Airspace always needs flying pilots and our ATCs are therefore intended to keep the traffic intense. Assignment flights are not only sent by management, there are other alternatives, such as assignment takeover or random assignments.

However you can also select charter on the Fdr for international flights as well.

Hello Erhan thank you for your message.
Now that you have mentioned it i have checked my logbook and yeah, I had no idea my assignments where alternating between Int and domestic :smirk:
For some reason i had the impression of mostly getting domestic assignments but I am abviously wrong. :oops:

Vic
THY4285
Rookie

Postby artuncs » 01 Nov 2019, 23:19

If there are destinations you want to fly, please inform me, I will give them to you as assignment flights.

Example;
Departure airport
Destination airport
Aircraft Type
Erhan M. Artuc
artuncs
Administrator

Name: Erhan M. ARTUC
City: London
PID: 3578
Vatsim ID: 1087117

Postby THY4285 » 02 Nov 2019, 00:12

Thank you, i am not looking for anything in particular so i just want to be surprised :D
THY4285
Rookie

Postby THY3716 » 03 Nov 2019, 07:40

And we have random assignments option for this :) You can request random assignments whenever you want only if you have no incomplete assignments.
Lead me, follow me or get out of my way !
THY3716
Administrator

Name: Bahadir ALKES
City: Istanbul
PID: 3716
Vatsim ID: 1097118

Return to Dispatch Office