Last minute jump seat flights

General discussions and questions about Turkish Virtual dispatch service or have a flight plan that you would like to share with your fellow sim enthusiasts? Would you like to request a flight plan, or learn how to do your own? Here's the forum for you.

Last minute jump seat flights

Postby THY4285 » 12 Jun 2019, 19:52

Hey guys,

so i was sitting in our briefing room lately and was watching our flights leaving out of LTFM when i saw one of our guys boarding for EFHK.
Great i thought, i should hop on that flight and spend a nice week end in Helsinki and hit the bars and night life. :rofl:

So i immediately requested a jump seat, grabbed my gear from the lockers and rushed to the departure gate...
when I got there the gate was already closed and i just had to watch sadly the pushback and taxi out of my requested flight. :cry:

It would be great if last minute jump seats could be possible so we could fly around the virtual word with each other whenever we want.
My idea was to fly to EFHK on the jump and on duty back to LTFM.
I think it would be just awesome if we were able to do this and i am sure it will spice up our pilot lifes alot. Maybe some may even be able to fly long haul flights
with limited time. You jump with someone to JFK and he jumps with you back to IST....split duty :clap:

We should be able to announce the flights we are going to do on our web site so if anybody is interested to jump seat on that flight it can be request in advance.
What do you think of this idea?
THY4285
Rookie

Name: Victor Sinangin
City: Savannah
PID: 4285
Vatsim ID: 1024160

Re: Last minute jump seat flights

Postby THY3716 » 12 Jun 2019, 20:43

Victor, believe me, this is a great idea. It has some technical difficulties to adapt to the system but I'll think about something. It may take some time but I will work on it. Thx for this great idea buddy.
Lead me, follow me or get out of my way !
THY3716
Administrator

Name: Bahadir ALKES
City: Istanbul
PID: 3716
Vatsim ID: 1097118

Re: Last minute jump seat flights

Postby THY4248 » 15 Jun 2019, 08:46

I definetly agree with him! Hope something can be done about this!
THY4248

Name: Fatih Bas
City: Istanbul
PID: 4298
Vatsim ID: 1428389

Return to Dispatch Office