A Practical Solution to the FDR Strobe-Taxi Lights problem

Only for Turkish Virtual Pilots!

A Practical Solution to the FDR Strobe-Taxi Lights problem

Postby artuncs » 10 Nov 2018, 00:45

FDR ile Pmdg 738 NGX, 777 ve 747 ucaklari kullanildiginda Strobe ve Taxi Lights Algilamama sorunu icin cozum :

- FSX ve P3D icin yazilan Pmdg 737-800 NGX ile 777 ve 747 ucaklarinda farkli offset kullanilmasindan dolayi strobe ve taxi isiklari FDR tarafindan algilanmamaktadir. (Sorun Pmdg kaynaklidir)
- Pmdg ucaklarinin kendi içerisinde kullanilan değişik offset degerlerinin FSUIPC tarafından algılanabilmesi için yapmaniz gereken ilk is pmdg yi offset yayinlayabilir hale getirmektir. Bunun icin FSX/p3d ana klasoru altinda bulunan PMDG klasorunu acin ve icerisinde PMDG 737 NGX klasorunu (veya 777 / 747 ile ilgili olan klasoru) acin.

- Bu klasörde bulunan 737NGX_Options.ini dosyasini (veya 777 / 747 ile ilgili olan options.ini dosyasini) notepad editör ile acin.
- Eger eklenmemisse en alta su satirlari ekleyin :

[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

Ve options.ini dosyasini kaydederek kapatin. Boylece ucaginiz offsetleri kullanima sunacaktır.

- Rar dosyasi icinde bulunan pmdglightfix.lua dosyasini FSX/p3d ana klasorunde bulunan modules klasoru icine tasiyin.
- Yine modules klasöründe bulunan fsuipc.ini dosyasini notepad editör ile acin.

[Auto]
1=Lua pmdglightfix

Satirlarini ekleyin.

- Eğer [Auto] yazan bir satir varsa o zaman sira numarasi kaçta kaldıysa yeni numara vererek ekleme yapin.
- Bu kucuk dosya sayesinde tus atamasi yapmaniza gerek kalmadan kokpit içerisinde lights switch lere tikladiginizda FDR isik hareketlerini taniyacaktir.
- Simulatoru bu işlemi yaptıktan sonra baslatiniz.

Uygulama icin, websitemiz menulerinden 'flight recorder' altinda bulunan 'fdr documents' icinde ki;
''LUA solutions for strobe and beacon''
''LUA solutions for FSLabs A32x''

Dosyalarini indirdikten sonra readme icinde ki aciklama yolu ile sadece iki dakika icinde strobe ve beacon sorunlarini yasayan pilotlarimiz bu sayede sorunlarini giderebileceklerdir.

Ilgili dosyaya websitemiz menulerinden ''Flight Recorder'' altindan ulasabilirsiniz.

A Practical Solution to the FDR Strobe-Taxi Lights problem that happens when Pmdg’s 738 NGX, 777 or 747 aircraft are used with FDR :

- The FDR can not recognize the Pmdg’s B738 and B777/B747 aircraft’s strobe light and taxi light actions due to the usage of different OFFSET values which are not belonging to FSX Offsets. (This is a common problem made by Pmdg)
- The first thing that you need to do is to make your Pmdg aircraft start broadcasting its’ inner offset values. In order to do that; open the PMDG 737 NGX folder under the main FSX/p3d folder (or open the relevant 777 / 747 folder at the same place for B777 or B747).
- Find the 737NGX_Options.ini file and open it with a notepad editor (Find and open B777 or B747 relevant options.ini file for B777 / B747)
- If this file doesn’t contain the following code lines, just add them at the end :

[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

And save this options.ini file. Now your aircraft is broadcasting the necessary offset values.

- Open the Rar file and put the pmdglightfix.lua file into the modules folder which is under main FSX/p3d folder.
- Open the fsuipc.ini file which is also located in the same modules folder by a notepad editor and these lines :

[Auto]
1=Lua pmdglightfix

- If these lines are already added in the fsuipc.ini file, then use the next number in sequence with the lines above and add ….= Lua pmdglightfix line only!
- This little Lua file will help the FDR to see if strobe lights and taxi lights are ON or OFF when you click the switch. By doing this, you will not have to assign buttons via FSUIPC to maket he FDR recognize those lights.
- Please start your FSX after placing the Lua file into the modules folder.

For the details please go to our main website menu's and download the 'fdr documents', under the 'flight recorder' menu and read the instructions.
''LUA solutions for strobe and beacon''
''LUA solutions for FSLabs A32x''

FSLabs A32x <-> FSUIPC Offsets script

** ABOUT **
- This lua script has 2 versions. One of which doesn't include barometer triggers.
- FSLabs doesn't offer any api points for reading their set Baro reference value. Barometer functions try to set FSUIPC barometer by reading knob angle and push switch at captain side.
- When using barometer supported version, you shouldn't use B key to set barometer reference since script currently has no way to track this.
- Also when using barometer supported version you might need to press knob for STD mode more than normal for script to catch it (since it is momentary). A prompt message will notify you in mode changes.
- All lights are tested and they work fine in P3Dv4.
- Since FSLabs do track FSUIPC door state as toggle instead of on/off state, there is no healthy way to set door positions at the moment.

** INSTALLATION **
- Put ipcready.lua file in \Modules directory of your simulator.
- Ex: D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules
- Module should start working automagically at next time you start your simulator.
- For further questions you can reach me at TurkishVirtual forums, with username THY4100.

You will solve the strobe and beacon light problems in just two minutes.

Turkish Virtual Board of Directors
Erhan M. Artuc
artuncs
Administrator

Name: Erhan M. ARTUC
City: London
PID: 3578
Vatsim ID: 1087117

Re: A Practical Solution to the FDR Strobe-Taxi Lights prob

Postby artuncs » 24 Nov 2019, 10:46

FDR'nin, PMDG'nin yeni uçağı 737NGXu'in strobe light algılamama sorununun çözümü ile alakalı yapılması gereken işlem 'TurkishVirtual_FDRv5_12' ve 'FDR v5.12 Guide and Documents' içlerindeki 'LUA solutions for strobe and beacon' dosyaları içinde ayrıca açıklanmıştır.
Websitemiz menülerinden 'Flight Recorder' başlığı altından indirebilirsiniz.

Göksel ERKAN'a katkılarından dolayı teşekkürler :good:

Information about the solution on the strobe light detection problem of the new PMDG 737NGXu aircraft is included in the folder 'LUA solutions for the strobe and beacon,' this folder can be found in two additional folders 'TurkishVirtual_FDRv5_12' and 'FDR v5.12 Guide and Documents' for further guidance.
You can download the documents on our website menus under the 'Flight Recorder' section.

Special thanks to Göksel ERKAN for his contributions :good:
Erhan M. Artuc
artuncs
Administrator

Re: A Practical Solution to the FDR Strobe-Taxi Lights probl

Postby THY4483 » 23 Dec 2020, 15:24

I cannot find "pmdglightfix.lua" rar file in FSX main folder.
Could you please help me?
THY4483

Name: Muthuraj Krishnasamy
City: Coimbatore
PID: 4483
Vatsim ID: 1319209

Postby artuncs » 26 Dec 2020, 18:30

THY4483 wrote:I cannot find "pmdglightfix.lua" rar file in FSX main folder.
Could you please help me?

Hi Mathuraj, please see this topic: viewtopic.php?f=106&t=10830

All you need to do is download the LUA PATCHER installation program from our website menu, and that's it. This will correct any light problems. If you still need help, please let us know. Thanks.
Erhan M. Artuc
artuncs
Administrator

Postby THY4483 » 27 Dec 2020, 02:21

After running this LUA patch and modified FSUIPC.ini file, still has same problem.

I'm using FSX on Windows 7.
THY4483

Postby artuncs » 27 Dec 2020, 10:50

Mathuraj, what kind of problem do you have, exactly?
Erhan M. Artuc
artuncs
Administrator

Postby THY4483 » 01 Jan 2021, 17:09

Still has strobe light problem in PMDG aircraft and Beacon light issue in Aerosoft airbus.
THY4483

Postby artuncs » 01 Jan 2021, 20:45

THY4483 wrote:Still has strobe light problem in PMDG aircraft and Beacon light issue in Aerosoft airbus.

Is your fsuipc registered version? When you use the Lua patcher, it won't work if fsuipc is not the registered version. In this case, try to assign a key to your Sim.
Erhan M. Artuc
artuncs
Administrator

Postby THY4483 » 02 Jan 2021, 06:52

oh...Got it.

Thanks
THY4483

Postby THY4537 » 25 Aug 2021, 14:32

Hello,

My system config:
Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
FSX (SP2)
PMDG 737NGX
FSUIPC 4.858 registered.

unable to install Lua Patcher. It gives following error while opening:
Fatal Error detected: Failed to execute script main

Tried manual configuration explained in the FDR documents- Lua solutions for strobe and beacon

briefly what i did:

modified PMDG - 737NGX options.ini and added lines:
[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

copied given pmdglightfix.lua file into the modules folder

in the modules folder modified fsuipc4.ini file and added following:
[Auto]
1=Lua pmdglightfix

[LuaFiles]
1=pmdglightfix

the added [] didn’t exist before so i added in the end.

my situation:
nav light, taxi lights, landing lights work as they should.

when i turn on beacon light, it often flashes in the fdr and not staying constant. After couple of toggles, it stays constant.
I turn on the Strobe light while entering into runway via keypress assignment i made from FSUIPC. it works just fine. However when it is on, it closes the beacon light automatically. When i re-open rhe beacon, it starts flashing again. In the meantime FDR thinks i closed the beacon light and issues penalty.

Tried FSlights, but with no luck of success as well.

I am open to hear suggestions to handle this problem.
Thanks in advance.
THY4537

Name: Onur Kızıler
City: Istanbul
PID: 4537
Vatsim ID: 1495765

Return to Turkish Virtual FDRv5.19 (X-Plane-P3Dv4) LUA Solutions Documentation