FsLabs A320 FSUIPC Nav Light Issue

Questions, comments; documents about Airbus related products (PSS, Wilco, Aerosoft Xtended and others) ...

FsLabs A320 FSUIPC Nav Light Issue

Postby THY4216 » 28 Apr 2018, 12:39

I read the Fslabs compatibility guide in documents folder. I followed each step correctly. Everything works fine except navigation light. The other lights are working fine. They turn on/off when I press the assigned button but navigation light doesn't turn on/off. I have to press the assigned button for 4-5 times to toggle it. Has anyone had this problem? If yes, is there any solution for that? Thank you.
THY4216

Name: Sedat Kaan Koyuncu
City: Istanbul
PID: 4216
Vatsim ID: 1226278

Re: FsLabs A320 FSUIPC Nav Light Issue

Postby artuncs » 29 Apr 2018, 23:11

We've completed all updates relating to FsLabs and unfortunately there is nothing more we can do. Many pilots experience issues with the beacon light. I have not heard many about the navigation light. You may be doing something wrong. I don't have experience with FsLabs but once they see a pilot using FsLabs, I'm sure they will write for help.
Erhan M. Artuc
artuncs
Administrator

Name: Erhan M. ARTUC
City: London
PID: 3578
Vatsim ID: 1087117

Postby THY4100 » 30 Apr 2018, 15:59

I am using a lua script to solve my light problems. I had a persistent NAV Light On issue.

It also allows you to switch lights from 3D cockpit without FDR aircraft systems pop up but I highly recommend keeping aircraft systems on all times for monitoring.
It has a version which guesses baro reference from reading the capt. side knob, it works fine for me but I can't guarantee it being reliable. So again, keep FDR aircraft systems screen on. Redundancy is always a good practice in aviation. :nod:

I also have to say, this is literally the unapproved method from Turkish Virtual. Apparently it was too sketchy/not reliable enough to be official fix.

So your mileage may vary.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B4LPcZQU7q0fAGRKNtXdn3CIbRqTxGOU

Fikret Anıl Haksever
THY4100
İstanbul
TVSD, TVLP, TVDS, FSTS, VatSkies
THY4100
Officer

Name: Fikret Anıl Haksever
PID: 4100
Vatsim ID: 1211470

Postby THY3716 » 30 Apr 2018, 20:13

Actually we didnt know somebody came up with a solution for this issue. If you are sure it works, just send it to us so that we can put the file into the downloads.
Lead me, follow me or get out of my way !
THY3716
Administrator

Name: Bahadir ALKES
PID: 3716
Vatsim ID: 1097118

Postby THY4216 » 03 May 2018, 20:35

THY4100 wrote:I am using a lua script to solve my light problems. I had a persistent NAV Light On issue.

It also allows you to switch lights from 3D cockpit without FDR aircraft systems pop up but I highly recommend keeping aircraft systems on all times for monitoring.
It has a version which guesses baro reference from reading the capt. side knob, it works fine for me but I can't guarantee it being reliable. So again, keep FDR aircraft systems screen on. Redundancy is always a good practice in aviation. :nod:

I also have to say, this is literally the unapproved method from Turkish Virtual. Apparently it was too sketchy/not reliable enough to be official fix.

So your mileage may vary.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B4LPcZQU7q0fAGRKNtXdn3CIbRqTxGOU

First of all I would like to thank you. With the help of this script my lights and baro ref work like they should. I've only noticed that I sometimes can not turn landing lights on/off. Do you have any idea about that problem? What may cause that?
THY4216

Postby THY4100 » 04 May 2018, 23:39

We don't have access to landing light switch positions, FSLabs' LVars are really limited. They stated they will open more with a SDK, but it will require an additional professional license(!).

What we can read is "L:FSLA320_landing_lightX_vis" which is light visibility from individual landing lights (1 & 2). So it is for animation and/or graphics. When both landing lights are "shining" it should set FSUIPC offset "on" and when any of them is off it should set offset "off".

This problem never happened to me but my guess is that it can be related to graphics. Wild guess, maybe FSLabs doesn't set these LVars accordingly when we don't see the lights. Or maybe lights themselves are not working properly.

You can try to power the aircraft, go to external view and check if the lights are extended/on. Note that sometimes lights extending takes some time, they will be lit once they are fully extended. If offset (therefore FDR) is not in sync with visual state of the lights then we can conduct a further investigation. But I am very doubtful we can do much with this limited access to aircraft systems.

Until FSLabs provides a better access to aircraft systems keep your keybinds to lights, QNH and monitor FDR's pop up.

Finally, you are more than welcome, I wish I could do more.

Fikret Anıl Haksever
THY4100
İstanbul
TVSD, TVLP, TVDS, FSTS, VatSkies
THY4100
Officer

Name: Fikret Anıl Haksever
PID: 4100
Vatsim ID: 1211470

Postby THY4216 » 06 May 2018, 21:39

THY4100 wrote:We don't have access to landing light switch positions, FSLabs' LVars are really limited. They stated they will open more with a SDK, but it will require an additional professional license(!).

What we can read is "L:FSLA320_landing_lightX_vis" which is light visibility from individual landing lights (1 & 2). So it is for animation and/or graphics. When both landing lights are "shining" it should set FSUIPC offset "on" and when any of them is off it should set offset "off".

This problem never happened to me but my guess is that it can be related to graphics. Wild guess, maybe FSLabs doesn't set these LVars accordingly when we don't see the lights. Or maybe lights themselves are not working properly.

You can try to power the aircraft, go to external view and check if the lights are extended/on. Note that sometimes lights extending takes some time, they will be lit once they are fully extended. If offset (therefore FDR) is not in sync with visual state of the lights then we can conduct a further investigation. But I am very doubtful we can do much with this limited access to aircraft systems.

Until FSLabs provides a better access to aircraft systems keep your keybinds to lights, QNH and monitor FDR's pop up.

Finally, you are more than welcome, I wish I could do more.

Thanks for the suggestion :) !
THY4216

Return to Airbus Fleet