Hello All

This section is for Turkish Virtual foreign members who might have questions about the site or flight sim and so on.

Hello All

Postby THY066 » 22 Jan 2009, 16:05

If you have any questions about FlyTHY site, operations or regulations u can ask it in here.

Kemal Tolu
FlyTHY , PID66
Antakya 1967
THY066
VIP Member

Name: Kemal Tolu
PID: 66

Re: Hello All

Postby Flightoff27 » 25 Mar 2011, 11:37

Hello!

I have a couple of questions about operations, so, hopefully you will be able to answer on some of them:
1) When will I be able to start flying for THY? My account was confirmed, but until now I'm not in roster? Exam is also passed.
2) Also, when I'm using FLYTHY Flight Recorder (I actually tried to use it just for check that everything is fine) I'm having a problem with error 113: Type Mismatch (I'm using Windows 7). Connection to FS is fine and Error is appearing when I'm trying to connect to FLYTHY WEb Server with my Pilot ID and password.
3) Should I submit anything on website before starting a flight (something like booking), or all information should be filled in FLYTHY recorder?
4) Should I write anything in Proxy settings in "settings" menu in Fligth Recorder, or it should be blanc?

That's all for now. Hope you can help me.
Also, sorry for all these questions at once, but, I'm a new one here, so, at this time a lot of questions are important for me.

Thank you in advance, Bye!

With best regards, Alex.
Flightoff27

Name: Alexander
PID: 3004

Postby THY3716 » 25 Mar 2011, 17:25

Flightoff27 wrote:Hello!

I have a couple of questions about operations, so, hopefully you will be able to answer on some of them:
1) When will I be able to start flying for THY? My account was confirmed, but until now I'm not in roster? Exam is also passed.
2) Also, when I'm using FLYTHY Flight Recorder (I actually tried to use it just for check that everything is fine) I'm having a problem with error 113: Type Mismatch (I'm using Windows 7). Connection to FS is fine and Error is appearing when I'm trying to connect to FLYTHY WEb Server with my Pilot ID and password.
3) Should I submit anything on website before starting a flight (something like booking), or all information should be filled in FLYTHY recorder?
4) Should I write anything in Proxy settings in "settings" menu in Fligth Recorder, or it should be blanc?

That's all for now. Hope you can help me.
Also, sorry for all these questions at once, but, I'm a new one here, so, at this time a lot of questions are important for me.

Thank you in advance, Bye!

With best regards, Alex.

Hi sir, wellcome to the esteemed FlyTHY family. Let me try to help you as much as my poor English allow me.

1. I understand that you passed the written exam, so we can say that your account is valid, and there is no reason for you to wait. All you have to do is to make a flight. Once you complete your flight with our unique program “FFR – FlyTHY flight recorder”, you will see yourself on the roster.

2. FFR should be compatible with FSUIPC. I need to know which FS (FSX or FS2004) you are using, and I need to know which FSUIPC version you do have. It’s possibly due to your FSUIPC.

3. You don’t have to submit anything to anywhere, just use your FFR. By the way, I assume that you are an experienced VATSIM user, so, I am not going to mention what you need to do on online flights. (Like sending a valid flight plan, dark and cold cockpit, etc…)

4. Don’t touch any of the default settings of the FFR.

Some more points :

There is a rank system in FlyTHY VA. Now you are a student pilot. After every flight you make, FFR will give you some seniority points according to the quality and the difficulty level of your flight. After reaching 30 seniority points, you will have the right to take another written exam to be an F/O (flight officer). After the exam, if you pass the check ride (which will be held by a check pilot of our VA) then you will have the right to be an SFO (senior first officer). Once you reach 300 seniority points, you will be promoted to SFO automatically by the system. Until then, you can not make abroad flights. Our VA doesn’t let the inexperienced pilots (whose seniority points are less then 300) fly to another country. You can fly anywhere on Turkish soil until you have 300 points, then you can fly anywhere in the world.

Good luck with your career, for further questions please email me : bahadir_alkes@yahoo.com (Training officer and check captain), see ya.
Lead me, follow me or get out of my way !
THY3716
Administrator

Name: Bahadir ALKES
City: Istanbul
PID: 3716
Vatsim ID: 1097118

Postby Flightoff27 » 25 Mar 2011, 18:32

Thank you very much for help!

I really appreciate your answers.
My FS version is 2004, FSUIPC is 3.98. The thing is that connection with SIM is fine, but error appear only when I'm trying to connect to web service with PID and password.

Anyway, if you think that I should try another version of FSUIPC, I will give it a try.

Thank you very much again, Bye!

Regards, Alex.
Flightoff27

Name: Alexander
PID: 3004

Postby THY3716 » 25 Mar 2011, 18:37

Well, I am not a Win 7 user but I also use FS2004. My FSUIPC is 3.85, actually 3.73 is the best for FFR but, if you'd like to use ASE, you can not use "Active Sky Evolution" with 3.73 that's why I use 3.85. Try 3.85, it'll probably solve your problem.
Lead me, follow me or get out of my way !
THY3716
Administrator

Name: Bahadir ALKES
City: Istanbul
PID: 3716
Vatsim ID: 1097118

Return to English Discussion Lounge